主题

1万

帖子

3万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2023-6-6 22:29:28| 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
It seems that over the past few months, all everyone can talk about is ChatGPT. Not since the launch of the first smartphones have I seen so many people, from all sorts of vocations, get excited over a new technology. There’s something intrinsically simple and eloquent about ChatGPT that makes its power immediately obvious to everyone.
似乎在过去的几个月中,所有人都在谈论ChatGPT。自第一款智能手机推出以来,我还从未见过如此多的人,来自各行各业,对一项新技术如此兴奋。ChatGPT具有内在的简洁和优雅,使它的强大显而易见,对所有人来说都很明显。

Already, thought leaders from fields as diverse as finance, education, government, and the arts are coming to grips with the potential of this technology. Many people are scared, fearful that bots will soon replace humans and destroy jobs. Others are fantastically optimistic, predicting the beginning of an AI-led golden age.
已经有来自金融、教育、政府和艺术等不同领域的思想领袖开始逐渐认识到这项技术的潜力。许多人感到恐惧,担心机器人很快会取代人类并摧毁就业机会。而另一些人则非常乐观,预测人工智能将引领一个黄金时代的开始。

Moreover, this technology seems especially relevant to the 留学industry. At first glance, ChatGPT appears to excel in writing essays, doing homework, and conducting research—the exact things consultants are supposed to help students with! As such, some parents have been asking themselves, “What’s the point of working with a consultant if a student can just use ChatGPT to create his/her application essays?”
此外,这项技术似乎特别适用于留学行业。乍一看,ChatGPT似乎在写作文、做家庭作业和进行研究方面表现出色,而这些恰恰是顾问应该帮助学生的准确领域!因此,一些家长一直在问自己,“如果学生可以使用ChatGPT来创建他/她的申请文书,那还有什么必要与顾问合作呢?”

However, I believe this view stems from a misunderstanding of both ChatGPT’s capabilities as well as what goes into successful college applications. Having some close friends in the American artificial intelligence community, I’ve been lucky enough to get first-hand exposure to the technology as well as a glimpse of the near-future potential of AI. In my opinion, ChatGPT is a helpful—potentially revolutionary—tool, but it cannot substitute for good consultant and student work.
然而,我认为这种观点源于对ChatGPT的能力以及成功的大学申请所需内容的误解。由于我有一些在美国人工智能社区内的好友,因此我有幸第一手接触到这项技术,并瞥见了AI的近期潜力。在我看来,ChatGPT是一个有用的、潜在革命性的工具,但它不能替代良好的顾问和学生工作。

In this series of four articles, I will share my thoughts with you about ChatGPT and its impact on college applications.I will discuss why ChatGPT is not a good choice for composing application essays and will not be replacing high-quality 留学 consulting. In addition, I will also outline productive ways for students to use ChatGPT, a technology I think can benefit them if used properly. I hope that understanding the limits and potential of ChatGPT can help you better understand what makes a strong college application and what value excellent 留学 consultancies like The Pathfinders provide.
在这个四篇文章的系列中,我将与你分享我的思考,关于ChatGPT以及它对大学申请的影响。我将讨论为什么ChatGPT不是撰写申请文书的好选择,也不会取代高质量的留学咨询。此外,我还将概述学生有效使用ChatGPT的方法,我认为如果使用得当,这项技术可以使他们受益。我希望了解ChatGPT的限制和潜力能帮助你更好地了解什么是好的大学申请,以及像成蹊工坊这样优秀的留学工作室提供的价值。

What is ChatGPT?
什么是ChatGPT?

First, to understand the positives and negatives of ChatGPT, it is important to understand what exactly it is.
首先,要了解ChatGPT的优点和缺点,了解它究竟是什么非常重要。

ChatGPT is a Large Language Model (LLM), a class of specialized computing systems that “train themselves” on massive amounts of text data using machine learning methods. This technology represents the cutting-edge of artificial intelligence research. Using probabilistic algorithms, the model is designed to provide human-like responses to a user’s text inputs. It generates answers by “guessing” the best next letter or word, step-by-step, which somewhat surprisingly creates useful results. In other words, it’s all statistics!

ChatGPT是一种大型语言模型(LLM),这是一类专门的计算系统,利用机器学习方法对大量文本数据进行“自我训练”。这项技术代表了人工智能研究的最前沿。使用概率算法,该模型被设计为对用户的文本输入提供类似于人类的响应。它通过“猜测”最佳的下一个字母或单词,逐步生成答案,从而产生了令人惊讶的有用结果。换句话说,它全部都是统计学!统计学作业辅导平台:https://www.lunwenhelp.com/statistics-daixie/

Most intriguing has been the presence of emergent behaviors by ChatGPT and other LLMs that were not anticipated by their programmers. These include being able to complete multi-step math problems, take college-level exams, translate languages, or carry out self-directed tasks using the internet. These behaviors have even surprised AI researchers, portending great possibilities for the LLM approach.
最有趣的是,ChatGPT和其他LLM出现了预料之外的新行为,这些行为并不是由程序员预期的。这些行为包括能够完成多步数学问题、参加大学水平的考试、翻译语言或使用互联网进行自主任务。这些行为甚至让人工智能研究人员感到惊讶,预示着LLM方法具有巨大的可能性。

However, it’s important to note how the construction of the model impacts its output. The answers it gives are restricted by the dataset it’s trained on, which is limited, biased, and tailored to a generalist audience. It completely lacks highly-specialized intuition and the individual context of the user. Being a culmination of billions of existing texts, ChatGPT can combine ideas in interesting ways, but it isn’t creative in the same sense a human is. Furthermore, the technology is still in its infancy and is prone to errors and inaccuracies.
然而,需要注意的是模型的构建方式对其输出产生了影响。它给出的答案受到其训练数据集的限制,该数据集受到限制、偏见和面向通用受众的调整。它完全缺乏高度专业的直觉和用户的个体化背景。ChatGPT是数十亿现有文本的综合体,它可以以有趣的方式结合想法,但它不具备与人类相同的创造性。此外,该技术仍处于萌芽阶段,容易出现错误和不准确性。

In the next article, I will discuss the problems of using ChatGPT for college applications and why it cannot substitute for good consultant advice and student work. I encourage you to keep the nature of ChatGPT’s design in mind as you read through the next article, as it will help you understand the technology’s limitations.
在接下来的文章中,我将讨论使用ChatGPT申请大学存在的问题,以及为什么它不能替代优秀的留学顾问建议和学生自己的努力。希望你在阅读下一篇文章时牢记ChatGPT设计的性质,因为这将有助于你理解技术的局限性。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部