1万

帖子

3万

积分

管理员

pioneer

积分
发表于 2023-5-26 08:24:05| 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
"I love you, but I think when our lease is up nextyear, we might have to start living apart for a while,"I said nervously to my boyfriend as I packed up mysuitcase. No, this wasn't a breakup, but a discussionabout how we should figure out our livingarrangements when I wanted to become a full-timedigital nomad.

"我爱你,但等明年房租到期后,我们要不要分开一段时间各自生活?"我一边打包行李,一边紧张地和男朋友说道。不,我并不是要分手,我们只是在讨论当我只想成为全职数字游民时,我们应该如何安排我们的生活。

For as long as I can remember, I've thought that the idea of living out of a suitcase was one ofthe most romantic, adventurous, incredible things one could do with their life. The idea ofselling all your possessions and only surviving off what could fit inside a carry-on bag was whatI figured was calling for me after a childhood of never traveling or going anywhere outside of myhome state.

在我的记忆中,我认为成天在外奔波是人们生活中最浪漫、最冒险、最了不起的事情。童年时代的我从未旅行过,也没有去过家乡以外的其它州,所以变卖所有的东西,只靠手提行李箱中的东西过活这一想法呼唤着我。

And in my early adulthood, I had finally done it in a lot of ways. In college, I packed upeverything and went off to study abroad in England for three months and lived off what I hadbrought with me (while also purchasing a huge amount of clothes from the local Primark).

进入成年期,我终于可以出去了。大学时代,我打包了所有东西,去英国留学了3个月,只靠我带着的东西生活(虽然也在当地的Primark平价商店买了很多衣服)。

I moved to Los Angeles for a few months after graduating, with nothing except what could fitin my car as I headed from Seattle down the West Coast to my new home (all while picking up amultitude of home goods and appliances that I thought an adult should own). And then acouple of years later, I went back to the UK and did it again, except this time for eight monthswhile doing a creative writing program in London (all while taking weekly shopping trips downOxford Street, which soon filled up my closet).

毕业后,除了车子里塞下的东西,我什么都没带就从西雅图沿着西海岸去往我的新家(同时我还拿了很多的家居用品和家电,我认为成年人该有这些东西)--洛杉矶,在那儿住了几个月。之后过了几年,我又回到了英国,只是这一次我呆了8个月,在伦敦参加了一个创意写作项目(同时每周都去牛津大街购物,我的衣橱很快就被装满了)。

In my naive mind, I thought I had conquered the nomadic lifestyle. I could move somewheretemporarily with just the small amount of things I owned and make a life for myself. And,truthfully, I sort of could. I'm great at starting anew. One of my favorite things in the world isgiving away everything I own and fitting the most important items into my bags and headingoff to a new city.

我天真的以为我征服了游民的生活方式。我可以带着一小部分物什暂时移居某处、养活自己。说实话,在某种程度上,我真的可以。我很擅长重新开始。世界上我最喜欢的事情之一就是放弃我拥有的一切、把最重要的东西塞到行李包中,背上行囊去往新的城市。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部